- A used and cleaned plastic coffee container. A Folger's 30.5 oz container works well.
- Mosquito netting utility fabric. Jo-Ann Fabric sells a mosquito netting utility fabric.
- An X-ACTO Knife or other (sharp) knife.
- Glue gun, glue (for plastic and fabric Quick Grip works well).
- Sandpaper or something to rough up the plastic before gluing.
- Something to press the netting to the glue. Thin card stock works.
Start by taking the coffee container and use the knife to but out the Folger's label. Now, make the same cut on the back side of the container. Try to not but to fall outside of the line. The area immediately outside of the cut will be for the glue.
Next, take the label cut from the container and lay it on the mosquito netting and cut the mosquito netting about 1/2 inch larger than the plastic label. This is cur wider so it will overlap the glue and adhere to the container.
Repeat for the other opening.
Whatever you and your kids chose to put in the container, enjoy the fun of them learning.